Wednesday, March 14, 2007


Alexandra Ballet Top
Originally uploaded by tinyloop.

Done. Please ignore the clashing dress and pretend that the cable work is more visible than it in fact is in the photo. In the end, all of the ripping out was worth it; this was a quick knit, and it's good to have it right. I am much encouraged! The sweater fits, I didn't injure myself in the making, and am left hungry for more. Good thing; I have at least two more projects I'm dying to start. All the pleasure of knitting came back to me, along with a new interest in knitting construction generally. Also, I am no longer in denial about guage: it is the key to all knitting happiness, I now realize. Also, ten years ago, when I last knit, the internet was not what it is today, which is an unbelievable knitting resource. Really, the accessability to a worldwide communtiy of knitters, many of whom are making the same garment at the same time, is invaluable.

For any knitting geeks in the audience: I made this with 24" circ. Bryspun #11; 5 skeins of Noro Iro made *exactly* one sweater and one swatch; the pattern is the Alexandra Ballet Top from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits, and I found a bunch of errata in the pattern.

No comments: