Friday, June 24, 2011

Risotto

This used to be my go-to dish in gradate school, back when nights were freezing and long, quiet stretches of stirring time were in plentiful supply. I haven't made it in years, but this week found myself with a beautiful onion, leftover chicken concentrate (from the braised chicken legs a few days ago), and a sudden yen. So last night I put them together, sprinkled the result with parsley and parmesan, and accompanied it with poached field pieces and orange cherry tomatoes. It was scrumptious. The other advantage to making risotto these days: now I have a spouse who does the stirring for me, well and without complaint.

1 comment:

Naunihal said...

It may not be the same, but I have made very good risotto in my rice cooker with no stirring or a single mid-recipe stir.