Sunday, April 22, 2007

Oyster Curry

Sometimes the mojo isn't there. Last week, when I read the recipe in the NYT magazine for oyster curry, prefaced by the author's note that substituting butter for coconut oil was ok, I thought: there is no one in town more ready for this recipe than I. Then events transpired and it wasn't until tonight that I actually made it, with all the authentic coconut in my formidable arsenal, and it was...ok. Nothing special. Nothing I'd make again any time soon. I'm sure the recipe is not to blame; I just can't seem to get anything right in the kitchen recently. We had it with rice and sauteed roof lettuce.

1 comment:

Joel Brouwer said...

Don't you find that NYT Magazine recipes are very hit and miss, mostly miss? I made some gnocchi out of there some years ago that were so disgusting I had to throw the whole dish in the garbage.