Thursday, April 12, 2007

Egg Noodles

The full title is "Egg Papardelle with Bagna Cauda, Wilted Radicchio, and an Olive Oil-Fried Egg," and some of you will no doubt recognize it from this past Sunday's NYT magazine. In fact I made it from the cookbook from which the magazine took it, Nancy Silverton's A Twist of the Wrist. Did you ever eat at Campanile, in LA, when Silverton was still owner and chef? I did. As a result, the minute I read she had a new book out on 30-minute meals made from pantry ingredients, I zoomed Amazon-ward and made it mine. Silverton and I have slightly different ideas about what constitutes easy weekday cooking (lemon zest is pretty much where I usually draw the line) but we are as one on what constitutes a delicious meal. I could have eaten three bowls of this delectable dish, in which the lemon zest is totally worth the effort. To give Silverton her due, I glanced at the clock as I served the meal up and it came in at 40 minutes, not at all bad for something this screamingly good.

I followed her recipe exactly, but for using cheapo egg noodles, and substituting mustard greens (from our local CSA delivery) for the radicchio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather. My little sister's wedding party was at Campanile years ago! And I got the ingredients for this noodle dish at Publix yesterday, to make tomorrow night. Glad you tried it first so now I know I'm in for 40 minutes! xo Kate