Friday, March 26, 2010

Marmalade Gingerbread

I find few things more relaxing than throwing together a quick bread, and I'm always interested in new ones. Tonight I made the Marmalade Gingerbread from Maida Heatter's Cakes, and it's as good as it sounds (if you like marmalade, that is). The recipe, with my tweaks, is as follows:

1C whole wheat flour
1C amaranth flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t ground ginger
1/2 t nutmeg
zest from 2 lemons
2 t vanilla
1 C coconut oil
1 C lime-ginger marmalade (homemade by my aunt's boyfriend, thank you so much Loy)
2 eggs

I put it all together in my stand-up mixer, then baked at 350 for 50 minutes (though next time I'll try 45). I had a piece warm and, before deciding on seconds, had to let all my brain's pleasure centers calm down after it brought them screaming to life.

No comments: