Friday, October 3, 2008

Viktor and Rolf


Ack! Aaagh! OMG! Viktor and Rolf, always up for something new, showed their Spring line in an online show, created digitally, using only one model (Shalom Harlow, who has been huge since the nineties, bless her long-lived limbs). It's always worth seeing V+R clothes, which are wild and beautiful, but let me tell you, the digital show is something else. Mainly because it gives a pleb like me a chance to watch the clothes in action: how they move on the body, look from different angles, etc. Also, it's a little lesson in why the right model matters—Harlow does not appear to have a stiff joint in her body. She's walking on what have to be five inch heels, heels I literally could not stand up in, and she's like a tree being lightly tossed by wind. Amazing. Anyway, do check it out: http://www.viktor-rolf.com/index.htm.

1 comment:

avb said...

I have always said this (well, not always, but for as long as I've known who Shalom Harlow is), and it still holds true: Shalom Harlow's bones are made of rubber and her ligaments from bubble gum. I hate her.

I love these clothes. Do prosecutors dress like this anywhere? If so, I need to relocate.