Friday, October 3, 2008

Burn After Reading

How can it be that the Coens have been making movies as long as they have and never have made a bad one? The spouse and I laughed until we wept, though if you've seen it you'll know how much discomfort was involved. The only problem is, I really can't watch Brad Pitt any more. I like him, and he's very funny in the movie, and he gives it his all, but I just can't forget the public life long enough to believe the character. Weirdly, I am able to suspend all of that when I look at George Clooney. (George, my crush on you is over, but I actually feel closer to you now that I no longer carry a torch. I see myself as the Tilda Swinton in your life.)

1 comment:

avb said...

Oh. My. Though I grant you that the addition of Ms. Swinton into George Clooney's life could only have benefitted him, and though he very likely could also benefit from an entourage of Tilda-clones, my only concern is that the world not be subjected to any more nightmares even comparable to the Lanvin monstrosity that we all had to endure at this year's Academy Awards. One word of advice: STYLIST! She may be all talented and cerebral, but please, no more ill-fitting backwards garbage-bag dresses! I simply cannot stand it!