Saturday, August 16, 2008

African Groundnut Stew

Omigah. Sometimes making dinner is like playing a seven-letter word in Scrabble. The spouse came home from the farmer's market today with fresh peanuts and black-eyed peas, and we harvested the little pumpkin from our backyard. What does that spell? It came to me in a flash: African groundnut stew. One trip to the internet for a recipe later (http://www.care2.com/greenliving/african-groundnut-stew-recipe.html) and I had my plan; it came to thumpingly delicious fruition at dinner time. I ate two bowls (over brown rice) and only stopped because I couldn't hold any more. Score!

Incidentally, do you know what fresh peanuts look like? Imagine a gargantuan bunch of dark green sage from the bottom of which dangle little peanuts.

1 comment:

avb said...

Oh, how much have I missed your recipes? I've been neglecting my blogging recently, which means I've been neglecting yours too! But now I'm back, and I can be inspired again! Glad you like my blog's new look. I had a good time picking it out. I think the website is cutestblogontheblock.com, or something like that. Serious cuteness. Give my favorite girl a kiss for me and tell her I miss her!