Sunday, July 10, 2011
more or less same as the first. This is once again Simplicity 2601, done in a fabric I bought against my better judgement: wrong color for me, busy pattern. Still, something in it spoke to me, so I bought it. The inside-out shot on the mannequin (catnip for sewers, those inside-out views) shows the bright yellow bias tape I used for the facings, as well as the neat internal bodice facing that keeps the upper seam nice and concealed. This blouse moved fast because I discovered the tool I've been waiting for my whole life: the small-diameter rotary cutter. Made cutting it out fly right by.