Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Little Learning Socks

If you're not a sock knitter you won't appreciate the news that Cat Bordhi's book, New Pathways for Sock Knitters, is finally out. I must tell you, however, that it is the book I have most looked forward to getting in years. Cat Bordhi is a genius: an endlessly inventive knitter, a wonderful teacher, and a terrific writer. New Pathways is all about reinventing the fundamentals of sock knitting, and I am dying to knit about half the projects in it. It has you start, however, by knitting two kinds of "little learning socks" which teach a few of the techniques used throughout the book. Normally I would never follow directions and actually knit them, but when it comes to Bordhi, I don't second-guess. The only problem is, what in the world will I do with two adorable pairs of baby-sized socks?

No comments: