Sunday, November 25, 2007

Palette Cleansing Sweater

Voila, the cure for too many socks. This sweater (the "Placed Cable Aran" from Interweave Knits Fall 2007) took no time at all to knit, despite my making major errors (that had to be ripped and re-knit) at nearly every point: this is the wonder of large-gauge knitting. I knit this on Addi Turbo #10's (!) at 4.25 stitches to the inch, with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Cranberry. Had I to do it again I'd knit at a tighter gauge than called for, since the yarn grew a bit in blocking. Nevertheless, I like the finished product. I'd show it to you on me, except you'd laugh too hard to be able to see it through your tears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your fans are looking forward to seeing you in your Christmas sweater. Don't forget to post a picture.