Wednesday, September 19, 2007

London Fashion Week

Happening now, available for viewing at Style.com. I'm told this is very much the underdog of the NYC/London/Milan/Paris Fashion Week(s) quartet. So far, for my money, the shows worth having a look at are Duro Olowu and Erdem; the latter of which features wonderful prints that I wish I could see in real life. Everyone talks about Christopher Kane, the wunderkind who, last year, came up with neon, skintight, Versace-esque mini dresses in stretch lace accented with plastic saftey-latch belts; they were kind of great, though I'm not sure why they lit everone on fire to the extent that they did. His current collection is all chiffon and ragged denim; the reviewers are agog, I am a bit mystified.

1 comment:

avb said...

Well, now you've answered the question everyone was asking: Wherever can I get a skin-tight, neon minidress complete with safety-pin detail? I know I've been on the look-out for years now. Too bad that's SO last season. I must move on immediately to denim and chiffon, a match made in heaven, no doubt.